Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Stoic Journal 2

Yesterday, ironically considering the nature of my post, was very trying for my temper, as a consequence of my temper. I had lost my temper during an activity the day before and as a result was banned from said activity without getting a chance to try to redeem myself. Which of course I felt was unfair. Which made me angry. I had two choices before me and thankfully my meditation yesterday bore good fruit. I did not take the path of burning bridges but rather controlled my temper and acted with humility while politely expressing my hurt that I wasn't allowed to redeem myself. It was tough. I know I will fail in the future because I am a very proud man. But yesterday at least I was master of my temper. I hope these meditations will continue to bear such fruit.

Tomorrow I will tackle my tendency to procrastinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment